Want to become a massage therapist, then Mayura Yogshala is the best school for your dreams. We have two massage courses with short term course of 10 days at Beginner Level and long term course of 21 days at Advanced Level in the bank of river Ganges in Rishikesh. Apart from this, if you are interested in massage therapies then we also provide one of the best massage therapists in Rishikesh for your body relaxation.
Massage therapy is the manipulation of soft tissues of the body including, muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and joints. Massage Therapy is a clinically-oriented healthcare option that helps alleviate the discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular over-use and many chronic pain conditions.
Massage Therapy can be used to treat both acute and chronic conditions. RMTs can work with a variety of patient in the treatment of illness, injury rehabilitation and disability . Massage therapy can be beneficial to a wide variety of conditions.
Massage therapy can be an important part of your health maintenance plan by:
- Reducing or eliminating pain.
- Improving joint mobility.
- Improving circulation.
- Improving lymphatic drainage.
- Reducing muscular tension.
Beginner (One Week) Massage Course
Topics Covered in your One Week Massage Course
- Head and Neck Massage
- Face Massage
- Arms and Shoulders Massage
- Chest Massage
- Back Massage
- Front Leg Massage
- Back Leg Massage
Course Fee: 126 USD. (Including Registration Fee)
Registration Fee: 50 USD
Advanced (Two Weeks) Massage Course
Topics Covered in your Two Weeks Massage Course
In our Advanced Massage course, we provide detailed lectures of theory and practical both containing additional points in practical such as more steps of individual massage and the pressure points knowledge of each massage, etc. Below are some points that we include in our massage courses.
- Professional Ethics: In this initial lecture portion, students are taught the code of ethics, confidentiality, understanding the client/therapist relationship, and creating boundaries.
- Massage History: Major figures in the development of massage therapy are discussed, including Pehr Henrik Ling, the Father of Swedish massage. Students are also introduced to a wide variety of basic massage techniques.
- Medical Terminology: Students learn medical prefixes, word roots, and suffixes, as well as how to put them together to form and understand complex medical terms.
- Introductory Anatomy: This class covers infection control, safety, health, hygiene, pathology, the skeletal system, and a survey of the major body systems. It also includes general directional terms, body planes, surface muscles, bony landmarks, the integumentary system and cell biology as related to massage.
- Swedish Massage: Students learn the basic massage techniques involved in Swedish massage, such as effleurage, petrissage, friction, vibration, and tapotement. Focus is placed on mastering touch, pressure, depth, direction, sequence, speed, and rhythm.
- Cross Fiber Massage: Students develop proficiency in cross fiber massage, a deep muscle therapy technique used to release adherent muscle fibers and restore muscle movement.
- Deep Tissue Massage: In this hands-on class, students learn the technique of deep tissue massage, which accesses deeper layers of tension in the body.
- Energetic Therapy: Students are introduced to a series of energetic techniques, such as polarity therapy, therapeutic touch, and shiatsu.
- Kinesiology Concepts: Students develop an understanding of the interaction between muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones and the roles they play in the creation of movement.